Chef de Partie
Main function: To assist the Head Chef in all aspects of planning, organising and communicating within all kitchen departments.
Reports to: Head Chef and in their absence the Hotel General Manager, in absence Assistant Manager or Duty Manager
As a Chef De Partie you will assist the Head Chef to ensure in the smooth running of the food offer in the hotel. To effectively support the kitchen team to achieving the highest standard of food production especially in the Head Chef’s absence. To control and manage the food cost in line with the budget, source ingredients in accordance with the Company’s sourcing policy and control production and portions in line with agreed specifications. The Chef de Partie must be able to solve problems quickly and in a professional and pleasant manner. Be initiative, have self-discipline, effective communications skills, and the ability to organize and direct the work of others.
- To work with the restaurant team to understand customer expectations, comments and to handle any complaints to satisfy the customer promptly
- To consistently prepare and cook all food to the standards and dish specifications, and train the team to do the same
- To be hands on and present during the busy service periods
- To be a team player at all times and be prepared to be flexible in order to ensure that all operations are always as guest-focused, efficient and profitable as possible.
- To ensure that the hotel’s Health & Safety Policy and Food Safety Management System are adhered to in the kitchen including all related paperwork checks & record keeping
- To ensure the menu, daily specials and special menus are available, as appropriate
- To ensure functions menus are managed effectively in conjunction with the manager in charge
- To ensure that the kitchen team are fully prepared, stocked and set for service
- To assist the Head Chef with supervision, planning, training, coaching and developing of the kitchen team to meet the needs of the guest, the business and the company
- Be a role model for the team by actively displaying consistent cooking skills, a positive & proactive attitude and hygienic appearance at all times
- Ensuring all relevant information is passed to the relevant person.
- Control all stocks within the hotel food operations and ensure stock takes are completed accurately and on time each week for accounting purposes.
- Develop all aspects of sales within the hotel, implementing new initiatives to meet and exceed targets.
- Ensure GP figures are to target.
- Be responsible for all ordering and repairs within their department, obtaining quotes, receiving/querying/authorising all invoices and ensure the correct person receives these.
- Develop product knowledge to ensure accurate delivery of service.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are implemented according to Company standards including food hygiene.
The above list is to be used as a guideline only and is not an exhaustive list.
If this position is of interest to you and you would like to be part of our team then please email your CV to email@example.com