Duty Managers in hotels must be able to solve problems quickly and in a professional and pleasant manner. They must be able to deal successfully with a wide variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds. Be initiative, have self-discipline, effective communications skills, and the ability to organize and direct the work of others.
If this position is of interest to you and you would like to be part of our team then please email your CV to email@example.com.
Full Job Description
Duty managers are responsible for making decisions that directly affect the day-to-day operations for the entire facility. Duty managers perform many of the same functions as the hotel General Manager and Assistant Manager, but have slightly less authority.
This list is to be used as a guideline only and is not an exhaustive list. Overall, a Duty Manager is there to support the General Manager with all aspects of the hotels operations.
Salary: Competitive salary subject to experience
- Train and develop staff to maximise performance, aid retention and reduce turnover.
- Accountable for the delivery of performance in line with Company procedures.
- Lead and inspire individuals to develop a highly motivated, committed team.
- Ensure team receive, understand & adhere to all company policies & procedures.
- Co-ordinate workload of staff within the hotel including rotas etc
- Ensuring completion of hotel daily accounts (end of day on EPOS and Hotel Perfect) and all company paperwork as per company procedures, ensuring all relevant information is passed to the relevant person.
- To help the General Manger work within the company set budgets while providing the standard of service required.
- Control the cash handling within the hotel to ensure all relevant departments are aware of their responsibilities and cash/credit card payments are recorded accurately.
- Ensure banking takes place 3 times a week and is accounted for in line with company procedure.
- Ensure the security of monies held in the property and ensure the security of the hotel safe by limiting the access.
- Control all stocks within the hotel and ensure stock takes are completed accurately and on time each week for accounting purposes.
- Develop all aspects of sales within the hotel, implementing new initiatives to meet and exceed targets.
- Manage all aspects of the customer service within the hotel in order to anticipate and exceed customer expectations.
- Develop product knowledge to ensure accurate delivery of service.
- Monitor, analyse and provide feedback to all departments regarding complaints and all other customer feedback in order to identify trends and take pro-active actions.
- Resolution of customer complaints within the hotel.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are implemented according to Company standards.
- Keep General Manager and all staff informed on all relevant business issues & updates using varied methods of communication.
- Provide detailed and accurate reports if required by General Manager
- Hold staff and management meetings as agreed by the General Manager to review & improve performance, communicate minutes & actions to General Manager.
- Carry out all supplier communication activity in line with company.
- Ensure suppliers have a full understanding of all product and service specifications in order to ensure effective delivery.
- Complete orders in line with company procedures to ensure correct stock levels are maintained.
- Manage all incidents in line with company procedures.
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained in hotel procedures.
- Anticipate potential problems/situations and act accordingly to create solutions.
- React in line with company procedure to any unexpected situations.
- Review services offered & obtain feedback from internal & external customers on an ongoing basis and contribute ideas for continued development
- Ensure hotel meets all legal requirements with regards to liquor licensing, fire protection, health and safety etc.